Monday, April 8, 2013

Expo Mom 2013: an experience like no other! (a post-event entry)


Expo Mom is the premier lifestyle event for moms in Manila. It is a trade expo, all-day workshop, shopping destination, mommy party, family occasion, mompreneur lab, all rolled into one!

Yesterday (April 7) my husband, Kevin, and I attended the second day of Expo Mom 2013. It was our first official expo as first-time parents. And while it may sound cliche, I'd like to say that it was an experience like no other! :) 
We arrived at Rockwell Tent in Makati City few minutes prior to the start of the event's programme (10 a.m.)! Thus, we were lucky to take a convenient stroll inside the tent and look through the shopping bazaars with ease! :) 

Of course, I was delighted to see various mommy and baby products!!! I didn't even know where to start looking! Or...if I even had enough money to buy things I wanted to take home :P Haha. But, I ended up buying only three important things: (1) a new sling for Kevin, (2) a nursing undershirt, and (3) a couple of cloth diapers.
I bought my new sling and nursing undershirt from the Tiny Tots store :)

While there were other products that I still wanted to buy, like the Mustela cream for my stretch marks, a meal time set and a book set for Kevin, my husband calmly reminded me to purchase only what's necessary. And so I did :) Besides, it wouldn't hurt to be practical these days. 

Anyway, apart from the Tiny Tots store, we likewise visited other booths in the expo which equally presented wonderful products, some of which are:
  • Johnson's Baby Philippines
  • Parteizeit (for party needs)
  • Cupcakes by Sonja
  • 9th Avenue School
  • Bummis and Bambino (cloth diapers)
  • Mustela
  • The Stork Studio

There were, however, two stores that, for me, stood out from the rest because of their unique, practical, and beneficial products; to wit: the Natural Origins and the R-Trevi

The first one offers a baby meal (brown rice porridge for baby) made from 100% organic ingredients. What makes this product interesting is that moms can even add their breastmilk in preparing it. Definitely healthy and practical, isn't it? :) 
Baby Natura Brown Rice Porridge :)
[photo source: http://www.babynaturafood.com/Product.php]
Meanwhile, the latter store offers a water-proof bedding protector called the Brolly Sheets. This sheet is absorbent up to two liters, quick to change, and comfortable. Brolly Sheets received a silver star from the Practical Parenting and Pregnancy. No doubt useful when time comes! ;)
Brolly Sheets
[photo source: http://www.thedailybuzz.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Brolly-Sheets-Comp-TDB-final.jpg]
Like any other events by moms and for moms, Expo Mom 2013 wasn't just about bazaars and shopping spree. Of course, there were the talks, the most indispensable part of the event, given by experts who are also moms that'd love to share with other mommies the wonders of motherhood. :) 
Jenny Ong of Mama Baby Love and Jen Tan of Next9
on their talk about the "Instinctive Attachment Parenting"
One of the talks we were able to listen to was the one given by Ms. Ong and Ms. Tan. Their talk was about "Instinctive Attachment Parenting". I could still remember what they said: Kapag umiyak ang baby mo siyempre, instict mo na as a mom na buhatin siya. Huwag maniniwala sa sinasabi ng matatanda na sinasanay mo siya sa karga, o sa sayaw. Of course, there are times that babies are bored, or they want to be cuddled. That's just how they are. (not verbatim)

I totally agree with them for I experienced the same with my Kevin. :) This just shows that there's truly the #momtuition, the so-called "mother's instinct" within you—that even if you are young and a first-time parent, you'd know and feel what your baby wants, what your baby needs. Just like what the saying says, "When a baby is born so is a mother".

Altogether, Expo Mom 2013 gave me a new horizon on being a mother. There's more to it that what one sees in a bazaar, or what one hears in a discussion. Simply put, my visit at this event was extraordinary that it gave me empowerment, encouragement, and inspiration to strive more for my little one.♥

To Mommy Mundo, congratulations to yet another successful Expo Mom! :) Special thanks to Ms. Janice, Ms. Angela, and Ms. Rome!
-30-


No comments:

Post a Comment