Monday, February 11, 2013

All the best for the little one

It's one of the greatest things I've learned thus far. That as a parent, you can't help yourself but give all the best for your little one. 

Yes...that's a tendency. Something that goes unplanned, unexpected, and just comes to you naturally. As others say, it's "a mother's instinct" to do everything in her power to rather give all for her child. 

And I am no different.

From his clothes, to bottles, to bags, to diapers, I want to have almost everything that's beyond compare...for Kevin. Especially now that his first event (baptismal party) is on the way!


http://stmarysdedham.com/sacraments/baptism


On April...that's when my husband and I are planning to have him baptized. And of course, I want the event to be "picture-perfect"! As of now, I'm still scouting what's the best venue for our reception (within stone's throw the Antipolo Cathedral where Kevin will be baptized) with everything else considered (accessibility, price, food, etc.)

Though we want the affair to be solemn and simple, we still want our guests to enjoy, not only the ambiance of the place, but as well as the food. (of course!)

So here's my shortlist for the reception venue: 
  • Max's Restaurant (convenient, accessible, good food but quite pricey) 
  • Shakeys (convenient, accessible, food's okay and affordable)
  • The Original Savory (very convenient and accessible, haven't tried their food, price on the average)
  • The Old Spaghetti House (a bit far compared to those already mentioned, their Kiddie Party Packages, however, look nominal)
  • Jardin de Miramar (venue rental only, but the place looks definitely nice!
While we're still undecided with the reception venue, we have already chosen our party favor supplier!!! :) And it's gonna be Sweet Li'l Soles Online ShopWe fell in love with its creativity and because we could customize our own souvenir, we chose it. Watch out for our baby's party favor! Hihi :)

For the cake/cupcakes we'll be having my husband's friend, Myca: Glam Cakes by Myca.

Anyway, as of this moment, there are still few things to think about and decide apart from those that I've mentioned, to wit:

  • Final list of ninongs and ninangs
  • Final look of the invitation
  • Kevin's outfit
  • Final motif/theme
  • Final budget for the event 
*Sigh! 

I know...I still have a lot of time to prepare for this, but I just can't stop being excited about it! One cogent proof of this enthusiasm of mine is the invitation wordings! Yes! I've worked on it already. Haha...here's a rough draft:
We are truly blessed with a beautiful baby boy sent from above.
Rajon Kevin bounced into our lives and hearts!
Now, join us as we welcome him into the court of Christianity!
Sunday, April [  ], 2013 at [  ] a.m.
Antipolo Cathedral (Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Shrine),
P. Oliveros St., Antipolo City, Rizal
Reception will follow at [  ]
R.S.V.P. on or before February 28 to Boya at +639178787385
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." - Psalm 127:3
Will certainly make a blog on how Kevin's baptism went! Till then!
-30-










2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way for my baby girl! :) Ganyan ata talaga pag magulang ka :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning my little daughter’s baptismal party at venue New York. It’s quite challenging for me to arrange nice party for her memorable day but will surely look for amazing ideas to arrange the party. Hope will be able to arrange a wonderful party.

    ReplyDelete