Tuesday, February 12, 2013

SSS Maternity Benefit

This is definitely one of the things new mother should know: that they are entitled to a Maternity Benefit as an existing member of Social Security System (SSS), a government agency that has social insurance programs, providing retirement and health benefits to all enrolled employees in the country. 

As we all know it, every payday, a percentage of our salary goes to SSS (if you are an employed individual). At times, we wonder and ask ourselves what good could possibly come from such deduction in our monthly earnings? Will it do us good, eventually? 

Well moms, the answer is yes! And here's one cogent proof!

According to SSS, Maternity Benefit is a daily cash allowance granted to a female member who was unable to work due to childbirth or miscarriage. In my case, I stopped working during my first-trimester of pregnancy because I opted to concentrate on my gestation and rather avoid stress caused by my work. Though I was a separated member (unemployed), I was still eligible to receive a Maternity Benefit. How? Why?

Visit SSS Index-1 on Maternity to know more. There, your concerns about Maternity Benefit will be addressed as it enumerates the qualifications for entitlement to such benefit, explains how much you're gonna get, and shows how it is computed. 

Just take note moms that you MUST go to SSS office near you to apply for this benefit. You need to fill-up and pass the Maternity Notification Form or MAT-1 Form prior to giving birth! When you're about to submit this accomplished form, don't forget to bring an I.D. and a proof that you're really pregnant, say a recent ultrasound scan. Also, be ready with your SSS number!

They will process your application and check whether you may be granted with such benefit considering all the requirements. This process is quite fast and no hassle, so don't worry moms. After the officer accepted your form, that's about it. You will just have to return AFTER you give birth!

This time, what you must do is fill-up the Maternity Reimbursement Form or MAT-2 Form, and submit the requirements enumerated in the SSS Index-2 on Maternity.

After about a month and a half, you will get your benefit! :) 

I just got mine this morning! :) I waited for it about a month and a half (I submitted my MAT-2 December 13 of last year, and was informed that my benefit was approved just last January 30). 
Here's a snapshot of my MB :)
Though the total amount of my maternity benefit doesn't equate to the actual price my husband and I paid for my delivery, we're still grateful for this! After all, ang pera ay pera. And it's definitely a necessity these days! ;)


Here's my Maternity Benefit Check and Voucher :)
I am also thankful that my soon-to-be kumare Donna I. Pahignalo told me about this benefit. For like most moms, I wasn't aware that such benefit exists! 
-30-




43 comments:

  1. my maternity benefits was approved on august 28 this year pero wala p rin akong natatanggap na cheque..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. August? Hmm perhaps it's on its way na :) or better yet, you can call SSS office in your area to follow up. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Ask ko lang anu mga requirements na submit mu nung sa mat2? Thank u!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pau! :) After you give birth, apart from the accomplished MAT2 form, you must submit a certified true or authenticated copy of duly registered birth certificate of your baby as well, then bring at least 2 valid IDs din :)

      Delete
  3. hello po, verify ko lang if mailed po ba sa home address mo yung cheque? totoo po bang through mail yun or iclaim sa sss office? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! SSS Maternity Benefit will be directly mailed to your registered home address. Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. weren't you asked for a certificate of non-advance payment of maternity benefits from your previous employer since you are a separated member?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The complete requirements one must submit will be given by an SSS representative, and I believe the certificate you mentioned is in it. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Hi my address in Mat 1 was in our previous house pero yung MAT 2 ko yung present add namin. Will they follow my present address? Salamat po.-Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mommy! I'm very sorry if I replied to your concern just now...been busy. Well, I hope you've received your SSS benefit already :)

      Delete
  6. mam/sir gud morning....hi.. mag querry lang poh.. bakit matagal yung smb-pb fm sss to china bank almost mag two months na walang action... yung application ko sa maternity reinsbursement na approved last feb 27,2014 until now wala pa poh natangap yung benefits .....why...mam pwede you ba me matulungan or ask favors salamat mam more power.... my contact number 09194882941

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mam nkuha nio nb ung maternity nio? gno ktagal?

      Delete
    2. Hi mommy! I'd like to know if you've received your SSS maternity benefit by this time... :) If not, perhaps we can direct your concern to SSS.

      Delete
  7. hi i just wanna ask , qng makakakuha pba q ng maternity benefits qng kabuwanan q na ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your SSS maternity benefit will be granted after you've given birth. :) Enjoy your motherhood, mommy!

      Delete
  8. gano po ba katagal yung smb thru the bank bgo mkuha yung benefit??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Through bank...I'm not so sure. In my case kase, I receive my SMB via cheque directly delivered to my home address.

      Delete
  9. hi! ask ko lang po kung makakakuha pa ba ko ng mat 1 kahit nakapanganak nako? thanks in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi i wanted to know if the check will be delivered directly to my home or I have to get it from the post office? In your case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if voluntary, sa home address indicated sa form pag employed, sa address ng employer.

      Delete
    2. I received my cheque via direct delivery to my home address :) No need to get it from the post office. Hope you got yours already!

      Delete
  11. Hi ask ko lang if need pa rn bang magbigay ng ob history form kahit 1st child mo palang.? Thanks ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gud afternoon...mg1yer n po ung mtrnity n inaplyan ko..ang sbi sa ofice pgktpos ko maibgay lhat ng req. Ko after 2months mllman ang result o mttngap ung cheque..but untill now ang lge lng cnsb hnd p dw alam kng anu nb..san b dpat mgtnong upang mlman k nmn kng meun n ung cheque..pls pksagot..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mtgal b bgo kau mksgot sa tanong..

    ReplyDelete
  14. approve n q sa mat2 q and I check it through text sbe may check date was on feb 4, where can I get my cheque? do I need to go to sss branch or post office? when nla deliver ito sa house? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, kindly remove earlier post. Made some mistakes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good day!

    I resigned in my previous company last August 2014. A month after, which is September 2014, when I notified SSS about my pregnancy and my MAT-1 has been approved and signed. My EDD is supposedly January this year. However, I gave birth on my 1st child last December 2014 by a caesarian section. I have checked the requirements needed for Maternity Claim on SSS site and have also researched online finding same situation as mine to make sure that I have all the required documents before going to SSS. When I went to SSS Binondo Branch to pass my MAT-2 along with the other possible documents they might need, the officer required me to pass a Certification for Non-advancement of benefit and L501 from my previous company. Is the Certification of Non-advancement still required if I'm already resigned last August before I notified SSS about my pregnancy? As I have read on SSS site, this is only needed if the separation is within or prior to the confinement period or after the date of delivery. Is the SSS site outdated that I haven't know all those information and required documents for Maternity Claim?

    I've also talked to HR officer of my previous company and she told me that the company may not grant my request for Certification of Non-advancement of benefit since I'm already resigned when I submit my Maternity Notification in SSS.

    Your response will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your employer should provide that for you. Same thing sa akin. Nagresign ako feb then oct ako nanganak nirequire ng Sss yung non advancement. Binigyan naman ako ng previous company ko kaso lang natagalan kasi tagal mgreply sa email. Nasa manila kasi ang hr tapos nasa cebu ako

      Delete
  17. Hi,ask ko lng po kung gano katagal ideliver yung checked ko.na forward n daw sa post office.how long i will wait for that?pls.reply po.tnx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,ask ko lng po kung gano katagal ideliver yung checked ko.na forward n daw sa post office.how long i will wait for that?pls.reply po.tnx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gud day poh, ask q lang po sna kung ilang araw bgo maideliver ang cheke ko dto sa address kung naidala sa main post office jan.25 .slamat po txtbk po.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello po nag file po ako ng mat 1 january 2016 then i resigned feb 29 kelangan nga daw po ng cert of separation, L501 at non advancement,netong june 14 2016 po kinasal ako, kapag humingi po ba ko ng mga yan sa previous employer ko dapat po ba under my married name?

    ReplyDelete
  21. hello po. ano po ibig sabihin kapag yung status po ng application is settled? is it approved na po? thanks for rplying

    ReplyDelete
  22. good morning.. nag follow up aq thru hotline regarding my reimbursement and ang sabi is approved since june 2. ask q lang po when q sya ma received? or pano ko sya makukuha sa post office? pasay branch aq nag file . sna may mkatulong . salamat

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi po.. Ask ko lang po kapag po ba may claiming stub na di na po un marereject? And pano kung yung mailing add. Ko po ay di nila nakita? San po kaya pwedeng ifollow-up?? Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi po.. Ask ko lang po kapag po ba may claiming stub na di na po un marereject? And pano kung yung mailing add. Ko po ay di nila nakita? San po kaya pwedeng ifollow-up?? Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pag nareceive n b yong check directly ng e encash yon sa bank o pupunta k muna SSS office?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nakuha ko na tseke ko kaso ang problema naman wala akong id in married name,nbi at baranggay cert. Lang. Pwede na ba un?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nakuha ko na tseke ko kaso ang problema naman wala akong id in married name,nbi at baranggay cert. Lang. Pwede na ba un?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi po..resign n po ako sa previous employer ko nung nagfile ako ng mat1 ko..ask ko lang if nid ko p din mgpasa ng cert of non cash advancement and l-501..almost 1yr n po ko resign s dti kong employer ..thanks po

    ReplyDelete