Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy Baby with Cloth Nappy!



How to properly breastfeed a baby and do it with the right positions, how to burp him, carry him, put him to sleep, make him stop crying, put a “bigkis” on him, bathe him, and the list goes on. These are only few of the things a first-time mom must learn.

While it maybe too hard to actually transform into a “super mom”, it's not impossible! But the catch is, it won't happen in just a wink!

On my previous entry about prepping yourself on being a first-time mother, it's noted that motherhood is such a happy experience for any woman. Nonetheless, it's not a journey for you to take alone. We, moms, must learn to ask guidance from others and know when to accept and entertain pieces of advice from either friends or family.

In my case, I'm trying to weigh in all the “teachings” my loved ones give me. Among which that I definitely took was the one given by my OB-gyne. :)

She told me to put on cloth diapers to my baby, instead of the disposable ones. At first I was reluctant to buy such diaper since I thought it was expensive. Prices can go as high as Php 1,000 plus but there are those that are worth PhP 300 only.

So, my husband decided to search online about it and he saw that cloth diaper comes in various colors and designs! Ang gaganda, at super cute nila! :) 


Baby Leaf Cloth Diapers :)

Kevin's first batch of diapers!

And because of that, we decided to purchase some! Right then and there, we ordered 3 diapers from Lazada.com.ph.

Currently, our baby now has 10 cloth diapers which we put on him alternately with disposable ones (we usually use this at night so he could sleep soundly).


Close-up shot of Kevin's Diaper with Spongebob design


Kevin wearing his Spidey cloth diaper
 Apart from the diaper's cute designs, we also took note of its other pros:
  • Baby could avoid or would have less diaper rash
  • You don't have to put 1-2 bags of disposable diaper trash out everyday
  • It could help you save money
  • Baby could use it until he's 2 years old

The only setback of cloth diaper is that you'll be washing tons of diaper with poop on it. But hey, it'll be worth it. Not only that you're happy saving money, but you are also assured of your little one's happiness as he enjoys the comfyness and cozyness of cloth diapers!


Kevin and the rest of his diapers :)


You might want to check out these links for cloth diapers:


-30-

1 comment:

  1. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues.
    Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. pannolini taglie

    ReplyDelete